Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

An untitled poem.

So, I decided to write a poem during a break. And,yeah here it is. I still have no name for it. And, its a bit rough. But, I think the message is still there.


An Untitled Poem
"Christmas is always the hardest time for me"
Is the words I used to hear from the old man.
His face marked by trials and tribulations.
Sitting there as we smoked our pipes.

And, I ponder what he meant.
How to be such a joyous time it was a lonely time?
Was but a mystery to me even if it had no rhyme.
But, I began to see what he meant.

How often do we forget the pain of others.
Loneliness is brought to its full strength in a crowd of people.
Loneliness caused by bearing one own pain.
Pain that only God knows you bare.

So hidden it is, that you forget about it.
Until, Christmas when everyone is happy and carefree.
And, you believe you have given it to God.
Yet, it comes at you like a wolf in a pack.

But, you haven't given it to God.
Because, you know that you cant.
A pride in carrying one own's burdens is what cements it.
And a bit by bit. It stays.
And, I looked at the old man and understood why he said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment